I like to think of links as a kind of web currency. We all need to accumulate as many high quality, relevant links as we can and one of the best ways to do that is by submitting your blog or website to as many web directories as you can find. Well, today we are going to take a look at a new blog directory from the folks over at Alive Web Directory.
Alive Web Directory is an established, well respected web directory that has been around since 2005. The directory is human edited and claims to list only quality, spam free, family friendly sites which are organized into easily recognized categories. While it is a well established resource and covers a very wide range of topics, the blogging section is a new addition and appears to have very few listings.
With the number of blogs growing by the minute it was inevitable that blog directories would follow but the Alive Blog Directory seems to have a few advantages:
- Design: The design is simple, clean and very attractive.
- Well Established: The main directory has been in existence since 2005 and that’s like an eternity in Internet years.
- High PageRank: The main index page is PR6 and the internal pages for the main directory are high as well so you would expect the blog directory to eventually have a decent PR.
- Usability: The interface is simple and very straight-forward so submitting your blog or website is quick and easy.
- Listing Options: There are a number of options you can select from when submitting your blog. Prices range from $29.95 per year for a Regular Listing all the way up to $224.95 for a Permanent Listing.
There’s a lot to like but I felt I should mention a couple of things here:
- Pricing: There is no free listing option and while the $29.95 minimum price may not seem like a lot of money I think it is more than the average blogger will be able to afford.
- Payment Options: PayPal seems to be the only accepted form of payment. While that’s not terrible, some people cannot or will not use PayPal.
Overall, Alive Web Directory is well established and seems to have decent traffic while the blog directory is new but has excellent potential. It will be interesting to see if the average blogger feels that the $29.95 price tag is a worthy investment or if that money would be better spent elsewhere.
Note: The preceding post was sponsored by Alive Blog Directory.
Popularity: 12% [?]