Here are the highlights:
- Donâ€™t put your blog at the root page of your domain in case you decide to do something other than a blog in the future.
- Name your directory â€œblogâ€ not â€œWordpressâ€.
- Use category names that are good keywords.
- Use the SEO Title plug-in to make your keywords more prevalent.
- If you want to get into Google News, you’ll need to add multiple authors.
- The file extension used in your URL won’t affect your rankings, unless itâ€™s â€œexeâ€.
- Use Alt attributes when adding images, videos, audio files, etc. to your posts.
- Google does not care about the number of slashes in a URL… so URLs like blog/year/month/day/title are not a problem.
- Underscores and hyphens both will be treated as word separators by Google.
There are other SEO tips for bloggers included so I recommend you check out the entire article.
Popularity: 16% [?]