Every blogger would like to get more search engine traffic so here’s a list of WordPress plugins that can help make your blog more search engine friendly.
- Google Sitemap Generator – Generates a compliant XML sitemap for your WordPress blog that is supported by Google, YAHOO, Ask, and MSN Search.
- Permalink Redirect – Helps you avoid duplicate content penalties by making sure that pages and posts are always accessed via the permalink. If a requested URI is different from the permalink, a 301 permanent redirect will be issued.
- SEO Title Tag – This plugin makes it easy to optimize every title tag for every post, static page, or category page on your blog.
- Dup Prevent – Helps you avoid being penalized by Google for duplicate content by inserting NOINDEX meta tag in pages that might trigger Google’s duplicate content filters. (Update: It seems that WPSEO.com is having technical difficulties but you can also try All in One SEO Pack which offers the same functionality plus additional features.)
- WWW Redirect – This plugin allows users to have more control over the URI in which search engines and users access their blog. By doing so, youâ€™re giving search engines and users a consistent link for accessing your content.
What are some of your favorite WordPress SEO plugins?
This post was written to take part in Darrenâ€™s latest Group Writing Project.
Popularity: 74% [?]