Blogging Tips is one of the feeds that I read every day so when Kevin requested a review, I was more than happy to oblige. The following are my thoughts and opinions on his site.
The tagline says, â€œTake your blog to the next level!â€, and I think that is a pretty accurate description of what this site can help you do. Kevin has been involved in web development since 2000 and has managed several webmaster related resource sites and forums in that time. Blogging Tips was created to share the things he has learned over the years and help you improve your blog.
There is a lot to like and here are a couple of things that stand out to me.
- Content: Content is king and Blogging Tips does not disappoint in that area. The site may be relatively new but the archives are already packed with many, many excellent tips and ideas. Some samples include:
- Design: In general, I like the 3-column design with the large content area in the center. I think it provides a lot of flexibility and does a good job of framing the main content. The ads also blend well with the overall design and are not intrusive at all.
- Extras: Kevin has included an excellent blogging FAQ page and has a couple of nice free WordPress themes available for download.
I know how hard people work on their site and it’s tough to criticize something that they have worked so hard on but there are a couple of things that I feel I should point out here.
- Sidebars: I like the layout of the site but the sidebars seem to be a little too busy and distracting. It’s hard to focus on the main content area because my attention is drawn to the sidebars.
- Search Bar: Maybe a little too creative… it took me a while to realize what it was. I didn’t think the site a search function at first.
- Feed: Some of Kevinâ€™s posts are very long so I certainly understand the use of the more tag to split his posts up. Unfortunately for feed readers like myself, the more tag is not feed friendly and may cost him a few subscribers in the long run. I would suggest either not using the more tag or installing Full Text Feed, a plugin that prevents WordPress from adding the more link to your feed.
Blogging Tips has a ton of high quality content and is regularly updated with great advice for both new and advanced bloggers. If you get a chance head on over and take a look around. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Note: The preceding post was sponsored by BloggingTips.com.
Popularity: 20% [?]